Unity 2017.3 Beta download is available from the 5th of October 2017 at the official Unity website beta release page :
The downloader will prompt you to select which Unity 2017.3 Beta components you want to install , these are :
- Unity 2017.3.0b
- Standard Assets
- Example Projects
- Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
- Android Build Support
- Ios Build Support
- tvOS Build Support
- Linux Build Support
- Mac Build Support
- Windows Store .NET Scripting Backend
- Windows Store IL2CPP Scripting Backend
- Tizen Build Support
- Vuforia Augmented Reality Support
- WebGL Build Support
- Facebook gameroom Build Support
Unity 2017.3 Beta new features are highlighted in this quote from the official Unity blog :
- Improvements to panoramic 360/180 2D/3D video workflows, now with XR support to Experimental Scriptable Render Pipelines.
- Mono/.NET 2.0 support for Memory Profiler. This Makes it possible to take managed memory snapshots in the editor while using .NET 2.0.
- Unlit and Surface shaders for use with Particle Systems, ribbonized particle trails, and various other Particle System improvements.
- Support for HDR compressed lightmaps (BC6H) on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This is enabled by setting the Lightmap Encoding option in Player Settings to High Quality.
- Dynamic Resolution provides Dynamically Scaling to some or all of the render targets to reduce the workload on the GPU.
- Assembly definition files feature for script compilation pipeline in the editor. Allows you to define your own managed assemblies based upon scripts inside a folder. By splitting your project’s scripts into multiple assemblies, script compilation times in the editor can be greatly reduced. Note that the latest version of Visual Studio Tools for Unity is required for this feature to work with solution and project generation for Visual Studio.
- Support for capturing VR device refresh rate, dimension, aspect ratio, HMD tracking and Controllers tracking as part of device info and device status events
If you are interested in trying the new features introduced in the latest Unity beta click on the Unity 2017.3 Beta download link!